Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Led Zeppelin - Black dog

1973 Live Concert

Black Dog Lyric


Hey, hey, mama, said the way you move, Gonna make you sweat,
gonna make you groove. Ah, ah, child, way you shake that thing
Gonna make you burn, gonna make you sting
Hey, hey, baby, when you walk that way,
Watch your honey drip, can't keep away.
Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh, oh, oh Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh, oh, oh
I gotta roll, can't stand still, Got a flamin' heart,
can't get my fill, Eyes that shine burning red,
Dreams of you all through my head
Ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah...
Hey baby, oh baby, pretty baby, Tell me what you do me now
Hey baby, oh baby, pretty baby, Tell me what you do me now
Didn't take too long b'fore I found out
What people mean by down and out
Spent my money, took my car,
Started tellin' her friends she' goin' be a star
I don't know, but I've been told A Big legged woman ain't got no soul
Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh, oh, ah Oh yeah,
oh yeah, oh, oh, ah All I ask for, when I pray,
Steady rollin' of woman gonna come my way
need a woman gonna hold my hand
tell me no lies, makes me a happy man
Ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah...

Song Note: "The title came from a nameless black dog that wandered around the Headley Grange studios during recording. It has nothing to do with the song itself."

"Zeppelin bass player John Paul Jones got the idea for this song after hearing Muddy Waters' 'Electric Mud' He wanted to try 'Electric Blues with a rolling bass part.' "

"This is the first track on Led Zeppelin 4, one of the best selling albums ever. The album has symbols on the cover and is untitled, but since it was their 4th album, it became known as Led Zeppelin 4. This is the first Led Zeppelin track where Jones had as much a part of the songwriting as Robert Plant."

No comments: