Monday, June 30, 2008

Jimi Hendrix - Foxy Lady

Live

Foxy Lady Lyric


Foxy Foxy You know you're a cute little heartbreaker
Foxy You know you're a sweet little lovemaker
Foxy I wanna take you home I won't do you no harm, no
You've got to be all mine, all mine Ooh, Foxy lady
I see you, heh, on down on the scene Foxy
You make me wanna get up and scream Foxy Ah,
baby listen now I've made up my mind
I'm tired of wasting all my precious time
You've got to be all mine, all mine Foxy lady
Here I come I'm gonna take you home
I won't do you no harm, no You've got to be all mine, all mine
Here I come I'm comin to get ya Foxy lady
You look so good Yeah, foxy Yeah, give us some Foxy Yeah,
get it, babe You make me feel like Feel like
sayin Foxy Foxy Foxy lady Foxy lady

Song Note : "This is a very sexual song that was probably inspired by Heather Taylor, who eventually married Roger Daltrey, the lead singer for The Who"

"In the booklet for the Experience Hendrix CD, Hendrix was quoted as saying this was the only happy song he had ever written. He said that he usually just doesn't feel happy when writing songs."

"Hendrix opened for The Monkees on their 1967 tour. When he played this, the young girls who came for The Monkees and had no interest in Hendrix shouted "Davy!" when Hendrix sang "Lady," resulting in "Foxy Davy," and turning it into a tribute to their idol, Monkees lead singer Davy Jones."

No comments: