Monday, June 30, 2008

The Doors - Back Door Man

Black and White Footage

Back Door Man Lyric


Wha, yeah!, cmon, yeah, yeah, cmon, yeah yeah,
cmon, oh yeah, ma Yeah, I'm a back door man,
I'm a back door man. The men don't know,
but the little girl understand, hey.
All you people that tryin to sleep.
I'm out to make it with my midnight dream, yeah.
cause I'm a back door man, the men dont know,
But the little girls understand, all right, yeah.
You men eat your dinner, eat your pork
and beans I eat more chicken,
than any man ever seen, yeah, yeah.
I'm a back door man, wha, the men dont know,
But the little girl understand,
Well, I'm a back door man, I'm a back door man.
Whoa, baby, Im a back door man.
The men don't know, But the little girls understand

Song Note : "A Willie Dixon blues song from 1961, this has been covered by John Hammond Jr. and Howlin' Wolf, among others. The Doors decided to cover this after their guitarist Robbie Krieger heard John Hammond Jr.'s version."

"A 'Back Door Man' is a guy who has relations with a woman while her husband has been out slaving away to provide for her. The usual guilty perpetrator if a wife was caught cheating was a regular tradesman caller (Ice Man, Insurance Salesman etc.). He would then run out the back door as the husband entered the front door."

No comments: