Friday, July 25, 2008

The Who - See Me, Feel Me (Woodstock 1969)

See Me, Feel Me Lyric


See me, feel me,
Touch me, heal me
See me, feel me,
Touch me, heal me

Listening to you, I get the music
Gazing at you, I get the heat
Following you, I climb the mountain
I get excitement at your feet.

Right behind you, I see the millions
On you, I see the glory,
From you, I get opinions,
From you, I get the story

Song Notes : "This is the last song on Tommy, the first "Rock Opera." It tells the story of a deaf, dumb, and blind kid who becomes a pinball champion and is idolized by his followers. This was a very uplifting song to end the Rock Opera. The show got mostly good reviews"

"The Who played all of Tommyat Woodstock, and they performed this song just as the sun was rising on the third morning of the festival in 1969. That image from Woodstock helped launch Roger Daltrey's career as a sex symbol and The Who's success in America"

No comments: