Friday, July 4, 2008

Led Zeppelin - Rock 'n Roll

Rock 'n Roll Lyric


It's been a long time since I rock-and-rolled
It's been a long time since I did the Stroll
Ooh, let me get it back, let me get it back, let me get it back
mm-baby, where I come from
It's been a long time, been a long time
Been a long lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time
Yes, it has

It's been a long time since the book of love
I can't count the tears of a life with no love
A-carry me back, carry me back, carry me back
mm-baby, where I come from,whoa-whoa, whoa-oh-oh-hoh
Its been a long time, been a long time
Been a long lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time
Ah, ah-ah, ah-ah

Hoh, it's been so long since we walked in the moonlight
a-making vows that just can't work right
Haw-haw, yeah, open your arms, open your arms, open your arms
Baby let my love come runinng in, a-yeah
It's been a long time, been a long time
Been a long lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time.

Yeah, hey, yay, hey, yeah, hey, yeah, hey
Ooh, yeah, ooh-ooh, yeah, ooh-ooh, yeah, ooh-ooh, yeah
It's been a long time, been a long time
Been a long lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time

Song Note : "Robert Plant wrote the lyrics, which were a response to critics who claimed their previous album, Led Zeppelin III, wasn't really Rock and Roll. Led Zeppelin III had more of an acoustic, Folk sound, and Plant wanted to prove they could still rock out"

"All 4 band members got writing credits for this. Many Zeppelin songs are credited only to Page and Plant"

"The band often used this either as an encore or to open live shows from 1971-1975"

"As the title suggests, the song is based on one of the most popular structures in Rock And Roll; namely, the 12 bar blues progression (in A). The phrase "Rock and Roll" was a term Blues musicians used, which meant sex"

No comments: