Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Doors - Touch Me

Touch Me Lyric


Come on, come on, come on, come on now
Touch me babe
Can't you see that I am not afraid?
What was that promise that you made?
Why won't you tell me what she said?
What was that promise that she made?

Now
I'm gonna love you
Till the heaven stops the rain
I'm gonna love you
Till the stars fall from the sky
For you and I

Come on, come on, come on, come on now
Touch me babe
Can't you see that I am not afraid?
What was that promise that you made?
Why won't you tell me what you said?
What was that promise that you made?

I'm gonna love you
Till the heaven stops the rain
I'm gonna love you
Till the stars fall from the sky
For you and I

Stonger than dirt

Song Notes : Doors guitarist Robbie Krieger wrote this as "Hit Me," based on fights he had with his girlfriend. In a rare show of restraint, Jim Morrison insisted on changing it to "Touch Me."

"At the end of the song, Morrison chants "Stronger than dirt!" The line is from an Ajax commercial where a white knight rides around destroying dirt"

"This was released as a single 7 months before the album came out"

"Many critics claimed this was a sellout, as the horn and string sections were not typical of The Doors. The band admitted they were trying to broaden their audience and achieve commercial success with this album, which they did"

"This was popular at the time Morrison was arrested in Miami for indecent exposure. The song had nothing to do with Morrison's arrest, apart from an unfortunate title, but some radio stations refused to play it as a result"

No comments: