Monday, July 28, 2008

Aerosmith - Dream On (live)

Dream On Lyric


Every time that I look in the mirror,
All these lines on my face getting clearer.
The past is gone,
It went by like dusk to dawn.
Isn't that the way?
Everybody's got their dues in life to pay.

I know nobody knows,
Where it comes and where it goes.
I know it's everybody's sin,
You got to lose to know how to win.

Half my life's in books' written pages,
Live and learn from fools and from sages.
You know it's true,
All the things come back to you.

Sing with me, sing for the years,
Sing for the laughter and sing for the tears.
Sing with me, if it's just for today,
Maybe tomorrow the good Lord will take you away.

Sing with me, sing for my year,
Sing for my laughter and sing for my tear.
Sing with me, if it's just for today,
Maybe tomorrow the good Lord will take you away.

Dream on, dream on, dream on,
Dream yourself a dream come true.
Dream on, dream on, dream on,
Dream until your dream comes true.
Dream on, dream on, dream on, dream on,
Dream on, dream on, dream on, yeah.

Sing with me, sing for my year,
Sing for my laughter and sing for my tear.
Sing with me, if it's just for today,
Maybe tomorrow the good Lord will take you away.

Sing with me, sing for my year,
Sing for my laughter and sing for my tear.
Sing with me, if it's just for today,
Maybe tomorrow the good Lord will take you away

Song Notes : "This was the first single Aerosmith released. Their manager had them share a house and concentrate on writing songs for their first album. Steven Tyler had been working on this on and off for about 6 years, and was able to complete it with the help of the rest of the band"

"Aerosmith was their first album. It didn't do so well, mainly because their record company didn't promote it. Columbia records was focused on Bruce Springsteen's first album, and put little effort into promoting this. Aerosmith was in danger of being dropped, but Columbia decided to keep them when they released this as a single and it showed promise, reaching #59 in the US"

Tyler: "It's about the hunger to be somebody: Dream until your dreams come true."

"This went to #6 when it was re-released in 1976, after the band had a larger audience"

"Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry hated this. He thought it was much too soft"

"The album was reissued in 1987 and 1993, after their albums Permanent Vacation and Get A Grip exposed them to a new audience who had not heard their early work"

"Aerosmith first performed this at the Shaboo Inn in Willimantic, Connecticut. They were paid $175 and a bottle of gin for the show"

"Tyler's ex-wife, actress Cyrinda Fox, wrote a book in 1996 called Dream On where she trashed Tyler for paying little child support and doing other bad things. Tyler was not pleased with Fox when the book came out, but they became friends once again when Cyrinda learned she had brain cancer. Tyler paid her medical bills until her death in 2002"

No comments: